Contacting Disqus about a deceased user
- A URL that is a direct link to a comment made by the deceased person
- A copy of the deceased user’s death certificate
- A copy of your government-issued ID (e.g., driver’s license)
- A signed statement including:
- Your first and last name
- Your email address
- Your current contact information
- Your relationship to the deceased user or their estate
- Action requested (e.g., ‘please deactivate the Disqus account’)
- A brief description of the details that evidence this account belongs to the deceased, if the name on the account does not match the name on death certificate.
- A link to an online obituary or a copy of the obituary from a local newspaper (optional)
Please send us the documentation by mail to the following address:
Attn: Account Deactivation Request – Disqus, Inc.
301 Howard St, Suite 300 San Francisco, CA 94105
Should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request. If you have any questions, you can contact us with our Support Form.
Please note: We are unable to provide account access to anyone regardless of his or her relationship to the deceased.
Did you find this article helpful?