Accessibility on Disqus
Here are some examples of how Disqus is made with screenreader accessibility in mind:
- We use WAI-ARIA tags/attributes.
- We use best practices with keyboard navigation. Any modal box (profile modals) launched from the embed is marked properly as a modal and gets the keyboard focus. The whole embed is navigable via keyboard and tabs with proper alt/title text for screen readers (except for the image upload button for simplicity).
- We hide some "decorative" elements to clean-up voice-guided keyboard navigation.
Screenreaders we recommend for the best experience:
What to do if you have encountered vision related accessibility issues while using Disqus (including those related to low-vision or visual processing disorders)
Please let us know by sending a report to firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending a report, please include the following information:
- Your browser and version (please note that we may not be able to support all screenreader issues in IE8 at this time)
- You operating system and version
- Your screenreader and version (if applicable)
- A summary of what issues you're encountering
- Specific examples of issues related to features of Disqus (if applicable)
Did you find this article helpful?