User reputation enables you to make smarter decisions while moderating your community. Use it to help whitelist your regulars, welcome your newbies, encourage your lurkers, and investigate the troublemakers.
How do I activate user reputation?
No activation is necessary. Reputation is available by default at your Disqus admin > Moderate page.
Is reputation unique to my site?
Reputation is platform-wide across the entire Disqus network. A user's reputation is the same across all Disqus-powered sites.
Is reputation public?
Reputation cannot be customized and is only visible in the moderation interface of a Disqus admin; it is not publicly visible.
What does it look like?
There are three reputation tiers:
- High: These are active and up-voted users.
- Average: This is where everyone starts.
- Low: These users likely have many flagged and/or deleted comments.
You can also see how long your users have been around and how active they are:
Why are accounts marked as low reputation?
Accounts may be marked as having low reputation for multiple reasons, for example:
- Posting multiple comments subsequently deleted by a moderator
- Posting multiple comments subsequently marked as spam
- Posting multiple comments subsequently flagged by other users
Note that being marked as having low reputation does not affect how that account's comments are treated by our system. For example, comments posted by an account with low reputation are by default no more likely to be marked as spam or pre-moderated than comments posted by an account with average or high reputation. Reputation is only used as a visual indicator within the Disqus moderation interface.