Important: We completely remove all of your data when you delete your account. While we do retain your comments for context purposes, your comments are completely anonymized to remove all traces of your personal information. Deleting your account also removes all Disqus sites you own and their respective comments.
Deleting a registered Disqus account
- At disqus.com in the upper-right, click the gear next to your avatar and then click Settings.
- Under the Account tab, scroll down to click the Delete button.
- You'll then be brought to a page to confirm your account deletion. Select a reason for account deletion, and then click the "Delete my account" button to confirm deletion and queue your account to be deleted.
If you are having trouble deleting an account that belongs to you, you can contact us here.
Deleting guest comment information
- Unsubscribe from emails by replying to any notification with the word "unsubscribe" in response. See more ways here.
- Contact the site administrator. The website moderators are the only ones with the power to delete comments. They will be able to delete your comments for you, if desired.
Some sites have their own login systems which integrate with Disqus. You'll know these profiles because they can only be logged into/used to comment on that particular site. Because these profiles aren't managed by Disqus, you will only be able to delete them through the site the profile belongs to.
More information on site-specific profiles is available here: Site-Specific Profiles