Additional information on imports for your account can be found on the Import and Exports page.
If you're importing your comments into a different domain name, you'll need to migrate the thread URLs of the comments imported.
Common errors found in imports
Missing required post key
These post keys are required in order to generate a thread within Disqus. Replace these missing post keys in order to resolve this error.
Skipped (check that the link exists)
When you perform the import process, our servers try to load your threads. If your website returns an error (e.g. 404 or 500), our servers will be unable to find your threads. This can happen on websites that use complex redirects, or caching plugins (e.g. the WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache plugins for WordPress).
For errors without a descriptionRun your import through W3C's XML validator. Correct any additional errors and requeue your import from within the Disqus admin.
For Self-Hosted WordPress Installations
- We recommend disabling any caching plugins installed on your site e.g. WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache
- Wait an hour for your cache to refresh
- Manually export your blog at your WP Dashboard > Tools > Export.
- Manually import your blog at our Import/Export page.
- Re-enable the plugins you disabled one by one until you find the culprit.
- Shoot us an email with your debug information and the plugin that caused the exporting trouble at firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you find this article helpful?