Disqus commenter profiles make it even easier to get to know and follow the people participating in your favorite online communities.
What do profiles look like?
Better user experience
The new profile design upgrades the display of information to match the look of Home and notifications, it also makes a user's profile more visually scannable using article images and taking advantage of the extra room in the sidebar to space information out a bit. When you’re done checking out a profile, you can easily jump right back into the comments by clicking the "X", or by clicking outside of the sidebar frame, without having the reload the page or hit the back button.
Following made easy
We’ve also made it easier to follow your favorite community members by including a nice large follow button as well as including two new tabs that show a user’s list of followers, and a list of people that the user is following.
The new profiles were designed with mobile in mind so they will automatically resize to fit all different screen sizes – this makes the whole experience seamless no matter what device you’re using.
Update Your Own Profile
You can make your new profile shine by uploading your own custom avatar as well as adding a short bio about yourself. To experience the new Disqus profiles, click on any commenter profile photo your find in your favorite Disqus community.
The latest profile features at a glance:
- Profiles open in the sidebar next to the comments so you never lose your reading place again
- Ability to see the recent activity, comments, following lists, and favorite discussions of any user
- Report a user that's breaking the Disqus Terms of Service (spam, inappropriate profile, etc.)
- Responsive styles automatically resize the profile to fit different window heights
- Automatic Translations: The profile modal uses the same language as the embed from which it is launched