Additional information on imports for your account can be found on the Import and Exports page.
Note that imports don't start instantly but are placed into a queue. Imports queued normally complete within 24 hours.
If you're importing your comments into a different domain name, you'll need to migrate the thread URLs of the comments imported.
Common errors found in imports
Missing required post key
These post keys are required in order to generate a thread within Disqus. Replace these missing post keys in order to resolve this error.
Skipped (check that the link exists)
When you perform the import process, our servers try to load your threads. If your website returns an error (e.g. 404 or 500), our servers will be unable to find your threads. This can happen on websites that use complex redirects, or caching plugins (e.g. the WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache plugins for WordPress).
For errors without a description
For Self-Hosted WordPress Installations
- We recommend disabling any caching plugins installed on your site e.g. WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache
- Wait an hour for your cache to refresh
- Manually export your blog at your WP Dashboard > Tools > Export.
- Manually import your blog at our Import/Export page.
- Re-enable the plugins you disabled one by one until you find the culprit.
- Shoot us an email with your debug information and the plugin that caused the exporting trouble at email@example.com
Note: If these steps don't work, try disabling all WordPress plugins during Step 1 in addition to just the caching plugins.
FYI: When importing from Wordpress into Disqus, source URLs need to be available and on a static domain.