**Access to Timeouts is currently available with a Pro subscription. If you would like to subscribe to Pro, you can do so in your Subscription & Billing.
Timeouts is a method for temporarily restricting commenting privileges to a disruptive user for a length of time. Using this tool, you'll be able to allow a heated exchange to cool off for a predetermined amount of time, at your discretion.
Enforcing a timeout on a commenter:
How to give a timeout from your moderation panel:
- Go to your moderation panel and click on a comment from a user you wish to shadow ban.
- Select Ban User from the side bar on the right.
- A window will open that will allow you to select Timeout, if you are subscribed to Pro
- Here you will be able to choose how long you wish to prevent the user from commenting.
This message is displayed to a user who has been given a timeout. Timeouts are temporary, and last for any amount of time specified by the moderator.
Important note for moderators using this feature:
- Reason for banning" is an internal note for moderators, not displayed to the user who has received the timeout.